I think I might be a “Twi-Hard.” A “Twi-Hard” is basically a super fan of the “Twilight” series and the Saturday receptionist at the old folk’s home is definitely a Twi-Hard.
Before I started working with her I knew that “Twilight” was a series of books about vampires, written by a Momo. I’ll admit, I hear Momo and my mind instantly shuts off, so I was less than interested.
I remember my mom telling me about these books and I remember searching for the one titled, “New Moon.” Then the phenomenon struck. To this day, every time my mom hears something about “Twilight” she tells me the same damn story… How she started reading those books, told everyone they were pretty good, asked them to read them and no one listened.
To make a long story short my co-worker, the receptionist, showed up to work one day with the first movie, “Twilight” in hand. I took the movie reluctantly and knew in my heart that I would never watch it, but I did… And I have to admit, it was pretty good.
Edward and Bella
Here’s why I like it, it’s different. Now there are tons of books, TV shows and movies about vampires, but before the “Twilight” series, there weren’t that many. Now days it seems like every movie being made is a remake, a sequel or something with a very similar plot to another movie. These are different, I don’t really know what to expect, and I like that.
I also like the cinematography. I can’t explain it; it’s very dark, somewhat peaceful yet eerie. Again, kind of hard to explain.
Anyways, I totally get why these 18 year old girls and Mormon housewives love this shit. Sadly, a part of me can relate. It’s kind of have fun getting lost in this weird fantasy land of vampire/werewolf romance.
Thanks to my lovely receptionist I have now watched the first two “Twilight” movies and I have to admit, I’m kind of excited for her to bring me the next one. Who knows, maybe I’ll go to the Midnight premier of the last “Twilight” movie caked in glitter.
That is all.
Sauerkraut


NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteRoswell > Twilight. Promise.