Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's Been Awhile

Sauerkraut Here!

I’m sure you’ve all been wondering where I’ve been and why I haven’t been posting. The truth is, I’ve been super busy.

Last week I went home for a few days and I stayed busy all day, everyday. I made cookies for my grandpa/uncle, took grandma shopping, ran a few errands, went car shopping with my mother and topped it off with a dentist appointment, they told me I had “beautiful teeth.”

I planned to leave Tuesday morning, but when I realized it was Tuesday, I wanted to stick around to see if my puppy was done. When I woke up I headed straight to the drawer with the phone book in it, but my grandpa was already on the phone, he must have heard me wake up. They’re lucky he called before me because I was ready to chew some ass.

My grandpa said he was done and that we could pick him up in a few minutes. I waited anxiously and as soon as it had been “15 minutes” I was yelling at the top of the stairs, “Grandpa! Can we go?”

When we arrived at the vet I jumped out of the car, rushed inside and scanned the receptionist desk. Sure enough, there sat a little white box, it was my puppy. She handed it over to us, grandpa passed it along to me and like an idiot (again) I was crying too much to see the writing. I focused just long enough to make sure it was my puppy, nodded my head, mustered up an “Okay.” and bolted for the door.

 Thanks for washing your hands before placing the sticker on the box, assholes.

When we got in the car my grandfather asked to see him so I handed him over. Good ol’ grandpa took a glace at the box and tossed him in the cup holder. “Grandpa! Don’t just throw him down!” I scooped him up and he spent the rest of the ride in my lap, just like he did when he was alive.

When I got back to my grandparents house, I loaded up the car, said goodbye to my grandparents and headed to my moms office. I thought about leaving my puppy at my house or with my grandparents, but I knew he would be happier if he was with my mom, so I took him there. Now he’s at home with my mother and that makes me happy because I know that’s where he’d like to be.

Since I’ve been home, I’ve been taking care of odds and ends, looking for a new, full-time job and work, work, working at the flower shop.

I won my unemployment claim, despite my employer trying to argue it. I won’t be receiving much money, but it’s something. Honestly, I probably won’t have it for too long because I’ve been lots of hours at the flower shop. And to be really honest, I just wanted to win as a giant “fuck you” to the company… Fucking psychos!

In other news… I’ve most recently learned funeral work, boutonnières/corsages and leis. I enjoy doing both of these things, but the boutonnieres/corsages hurt my hands after awhile because they’re so tiny; I also struggle with “funeral sprays.” Today I did my first easel, I was a little lost at first, but once I got started I think I did okay. Here’s some of my most recent work…

My first funeral spray.

My first easel.

On Friday I had an interview for a full-time job, I’m hoping for a little “puppy magic.” I should know (either way) by the middle of next week. I’d love to work at the flower shop full-time, but the truth is I just can’t make ends meet on the pay, boo.

What else?

My bathroom window fell apart, because I live in a very classy apartment complex.



That reminds me... I found barf outside my door this morning, joy!

Awesome.  Neat-O.


I found these new things... My mom says they're not new, but have instead, "come back."  Anyways, they're little stickers you put on your nails and they come in all sorts of cute patterns, I picked the hippie flowers.


Oh! My little nephew (Izzy) left me the sweetest message on my phone last night. I can only make out a few of his words but it doesn’t matter to me, just hearing his sweet little voice makes my day. My brother (who sounds eerily similar to my father) was trying to walk him through the message, but my nephew was more concerned about informing me that “he’s a pirate.”
Cowboy Cake 1

Cowboy Cake 2

Also, as you know, I originally planned on making my nephew a birthday cake that looked like a monster, but The Neighbor Girl has asked me if I could switch to a cowboy, apparently my nephew thinks he’s a cowboy too. So, at the bottom of this page I want you to vote for one of these two cakes, keep in mind I'm a beginner…

And now, I’m sick of writing. So…

That is all.

Sauerkraut

P.S. I signed up for a “Let’s Get Metaphysical” class. God I’m a disaster.

3 comments:

  1. Izzy says he likes the cowboy one..YEEHA is his response to the picture lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) So what on earth is a metaphysical class? I'm totally confused.

    2) Did you decide to stay in Utah?

    3) I spent most of the weekend helping R. paint his new house. I'm having house-ownership-envy. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here!