I saw that this was posted on Facebook, so I can officially talk about it.
This morning I woke up early, tried to cover the hair dye still stuck to my face and drove to Farmington, Utah to witness the wedding of Sheek Geek and Tar-J.
A few days ago I received a text message from Tar-J asking me what I was doing today, since I no longer have a full-time job, my schedule is pretty open. A few moments later she asked me if I would be a witness at her wedding to Sheek Geek.
I’m so honored that they would ask me to do something like that! Even if I did have to work, I would have taken time off to be there.
So this morning I drove to the cutest little courthouse ever and waited for the happy couple to arrive. Just when I started looking at the creepy photos of public officials hanging on the wall, in they came. The groom was dressed in slacks, a white polo, company jacket and headgear AKA a wireless headset. Could you be more of a geek? The bride was dressed in some nice slacks, a white cardigan and ruby red slippers, how precious is that?
We chatted in the hallway for a few moments while we waited for Regina (the other “witness”) and I could tell both of them were experiencing a flood of emotions. They were both excited, but nervous more than anything; this was a big step for them. They tried to hide it by focusing on the logistics of the situation, but it was no use, I knew what was going on.
When Regina arrived we walked to the office, they filled out some paperwork and a few moments later we were headed to the room for a wedding. Once inside the room I sat while “Brian” performed the ceremony.
Sheek Geek and Tar-J have made some pretty serious steps in their relationship (moving in together, buying a house together, combining their bank accounts, etc.) but it all went out the window during the ceremony. Sure they jumped the gun because of insurance purposes, but during their ceremony I could see that they truly loved each other.
At first they stood there at ease, holding hands and giggling at the unfamiliar ness of the situation, but it wasn’t long before their focus shifted. I watched Sheek Geeks knees locked up (the poor kid looked like he was going to fall over), I watched Tar-J comfort him by rubbing his hand and I watched them recited their vows with tears in their eyes.
Look at Sheek Geek's knee's! So precious!
Lucky for them the ceremony was short… I’m not sure their little bodies could have lasted much longer. After the ceremony we all signed the marriage certificate (so exciting) and headed back to the office. Brian signed/stamped a few things and that was it, they were married! In less than 15 minutes.
Perhaps the sweetest part of the day (for me) was when Sheek Geek thanked me for coming. Normally Sheek Geek and I spend our time talking shit to each other or talking business. The moment was so rare and his words were so sincere; it touched my little Grinch like heart. I was so happy I could be there for him and Tar-J.
So, I’d like to take this time to congratulate the newlyweds and wish them the best of luck. It’s going to be a ton of work and you will have good days and bad, but I think you guys can do it. Congrats kido’s!
That is all.
Sauerkraut






No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Here!