Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dead Frog And A Walk In The Park

Sauerkraut Here!

I took a peak at my fish tank this morning and discovered the decomposing body of one of my frogs. If you don’t already know the story of these frogs, here’s the gist of it. One day at work I noticed a tiny fish bowl with four frogs and a beta fish crammed into it. Turns out one of my co-workers had a stalker and the stalker dropped it off as a gift. Concerned about the well being of the creatures I asked him what he planned to do with them, offering to take them if he didn’t want them, relieved, he handed them over. Slopping fish water all over myself I carried the bowl of creatures next door to my apartment and spent the remainder of the day buying them supplies.


Two frogs died when their legs got sucked up into the filter, now this frog died and I only have one left… In addition to the fish, Masta, short for Masta-Beta. I wonder how this frog died? Maybe it was his time; he is about two years old. I also wonder how long he’s been dead? Regardless, I felt it was appropriate to clean the tank so the only remaining frog didn’t have to hang with his dead buddy. I gave him a proper burial in the garbage disposal. Moving on…

Today mom and I took Ty for a walk. At the beginning he had so much fun exploring a new place, but half way through the walk he got tired. We stopped at a bench to let him catch his breath and trudged on. Eventually, we got to a park where we let him lay down and I gave him some water using a pop bag. Shortly after, we realized there was no way his poor body would carry him to the car so I had to walk back (about a mile and a half), get the car and pick him up. The poor thing was so tired he couldn’t climb into the car, my mom had to lift him in.


She also walked up a steep hill, forgetting that Ty was with us and just as I said, “I think this hill is too steep for him,” he collapsed. There we were, mom yanking on his collar to pull him up and me pushing him from behind. The look on his little face was priceless, good times.

We decided we’re going to get bikes and a cart. That way mom and I can ride our bikes, Ty can walk with us and when he gets tired, we can put him in the cart and keep going. I think he would like that. Moving on…

Today I finished the front of Dweedle’s baby blanket. Nothing too special, just squares of blue jeans and a few pockets for his treasures. However, the back is going to be dinosaurs, my favorite. So I’m excited to see the finished project. I’ll keep you posted.

That is all.

Sauerkraut

2 comments:

  1. We just got Marley a tank and we have 2 frogs in there. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That is a long time for a frog to live....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you're doing a lot of frog burials lately.

    I love the idea of Ty in a cart. You could get one of those adult tricycles... :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here!