Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter And Some Other Boring Crap

Sauerkraut Here!

It’s taking all of my strength to write this post because for some reason I’m super tired.

My mom got back from Colorado and all she wants to do is hang out with me, I don’t get it?

On Friday, I taught both my swim lesson and a private lesson, something new. My private lesson was with Owen (4) and Granja (2); I love them because they’re Irish. Anyways, they’re Level 1 and 2, which in my opinion is the worst because they can’t do much of anything, they’re too scared to try anything and you can’t shove their heads under the water.

That reminds me of a cute quote I heard recently, “the most important person in a swimmers life is the one who teaches them to blow bubbles.”

Also on Friday, I had a phone interview! It’s the first real interview I’ve had in almost a year. I say “real” because I’m not counting the smoke shack as a real job. Anyways, I completely bombed the interview, seriously. I was so nervous that I found myself flustered and babbling about nothing important. Anyways, I’m really sad because I know I’m qualified for this job, it sounds like a lot of fun and it paid well… Boo. Moving on…

My grandmother called from Florida today and she called Ron Jon’s Surf Shop “Ron Bon’s.” Also, here’s an interesting conversation I had with my grandmother:

Grandpa: “Grandma is fascinated by the big boobs. And she wants to…”
Me: “What do you want to do?”
Grandma: “Oh, that Deal or No Deal is on and I’m not even watching.”
Me: No grandma. Grandpa said you were fascinated by the big boobs, like tits!”
Grandma: “Oh no, I’m not even watching. Have you talked to Kevin?”
Me: Yeah, today.
Grandma: “Well I’m not even interested in them. A camper moved in with 6 kids today. Gracie get down!”

Honestly. I’m still lost.

Yesterday was super busy. First thing in the morning I did some painting in my grandparents bedroom, I’m almost done… thank God! I must admit it’s looking good, but it’s been rough. Painting is only fun when it’s your own house and a crazy color. My mother was supposed to come over and help me, but she went to lunch at the bar around Noon and never should up. She sent me a text asking me if I was mad and I responded with the following, “Who is this? This used to be my moms phone number, but she went to the bar one day and never came back.”

When I was a kid our parents would pile all of us into the same house, by us a pizza and go to the bar. This time I didn’t have any company, or a pizza. I miss the old days.

I also started construction on the “chicken cake.” After receiving repeated requests from my mother to make this cake I decided I would. It turned out okay, but I wish that his eyes were blacker and his glasses didn’t break. Oh well.

The chicken cake.

My version of the Chicken Cake.

I also had fun dying a few Easter eggs. I haven’t dyed eggs in years and I found myself having so much fun doing it.

Chickens...

bunnies...

and carrots!  The carrots were my favorite. 

Today was Easter, not my favorite holiday, but I had a good time. I woke up early, finished my chicken cake and headed to my moms house. Shortly after our guests arrived we spent the rest of the afternoon cooking brats around the fire… Next time I want to try the Johnsonville - Irish O’Garlic Brats. I actually sat away from the fire because I hate the way they smell. As a result, I was freezing! Even though I was wearing: a tank top, two hoodies, a coat, jeans, snow boots and blanket.


Regardless, it was a simple, yet perfect celebration. Oh! And the Easter Bunny got me a CD, Jewel – Pieces of You. I used to own this CD and somewhere along the line it got lost/stolen. Anyways, I’ve missed it and I can’t wait to listen to it in the car.

Finally, I think I may have located my favorite black, fleece jacket. If you don’t know it’s been missing for a few weeks, I think I left it at the pool. If it is indeed my jacket I will be so excited because I missed my fuzzy, cat hair magnet.

That is all.

Sauerkraut

P.S.  I found this photo on MySpace today; it's my nephew on his Easter egg hunt. Clearly, the helmet is the best part, he's definitely related. I'm dying!

2 comments:

  1. 1) I can't follow your grandparents' convo either.
    2) Your eggs are adorable. Since when are you such a fucking domestic goddess? I vacuumed my room yesterday and felt like a champ. :P
    3) I'm glad you had a good easter. I spent mine getting coffee & doing a crossword w/lawyer rebound, then sewing a dress and cleaning my room for the first time in WEEKS, then writing for the new blog and ignoring semi-serious booty calls from the most recent ex. Then I took off a couple layers (our heat is out) and went to bed. I hate holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel,

    1) Truth is I've always been really domestic, I just never talked about it.
    2)I'm glad you ignored the booty calls from the most recent ex.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here!