Sauerkraut Here!
A few days before the holiday break my good buddy PDX flew into the Salt Lake City airport and hung around town before making the journey home to visit her family.
I Heart To Fart and I greeted her at the airport, I wore my oversized snowman pajamas and he wore his bunny costume, it was pretty spectacular and that night we presented her with the best Christmas gift ever, a new piggy bank for her car! If you don’t know, hers was stolen this past summer.
What could it be?
Piggy Bank View 1
Piggy Bank View 2
Yes PDX, there's Raisin Bran inside.
Anyways, I didn’t get to spend too much time with her, but I enjoyed every moment she was around. I can’t wait to see her again. Moving on…
I had a really nice holiday break and I really enjoyed spending time with my family, my dog and away from work, not that I hate my job, but a break from work is always nice. My favorite Christmas gift was probably a little sewing pattern my mom got me, but she also renewed my car registration and stuck the stickers in my stocking, that was pretty rad. As you know I got the chance to see my nephews and that was also super fun.
When Auntie Sauerkraut is around you get to wear your Elmo pj's to the store... And that's red/blue ring pop all over his face.
For New Years I went to dinner with some friends: Chickpea, Honeybee (a blast from the past), Sheek Geek, Tar-J and Mr. Coconut. Originally, 15 people were invited but to no surprise everyone ditched Chickpea and only a few of us showed up. I will admit that I was not feeling well that night and going to dinner took every ounce of energy I could muster up so it was no surprise that I was too pooped to party that night. I sat on the couch while the boys (Mr. Coconut and I Heart To Fart) wandered around my apartment, each preparing for their own parties. Around 11PM I was fast asleep… And very happy about it.
Oh! I almost forgot! My heat went out on New Year’s Eve and after being ignored for several very cold days/nights I finally drove down to the office and bitched. I now have heat, but it refuses to go above 66 degrees, so the battle continues.
On Thursday I went to the doctor for a number of reasons but mainly because I’ve been really dizzy for about a week and I was starting to get worried that I was going to be paralyzed. I’m not sure how I connected dizziness with paralyzation (is that a word), but I did. Moving on… I put my negative feelings toward doctor’s aside, sucked up the fact that this was going to cost me an arm and a leg (because my insurance doesn’t kick in until February) and I went to the doctor. Turns out I have an upper respiratory infection/pneumonia, joy! So now I’m on the “Z Pack” and the Flownase. Supposedly the “Z Pack” is magical and the Flonase is simply demonstrating how easy it is to snort cocaine. My mother says I’m lucky I’m not dead or in the hospital. I thought it was just a cold! A cold that’s lasted for 3 months, how was I supposed to know?
Yesterday my company had its first quarterly meeting of the year, this also happen to be my first quarterly meeting ever. Because I work for a smaller company we got to go out for breakfast instead of having everyone squish together in a tiny room to breathe in each other’s farts. I was super excited to go to breakfast because the place the CEO chose has really yummy honey bran muffins and I couldn’t wait to eat one. Anyways, apparently my company does an “Employee of the Quarter Award” instead of an Employee of the Month Award and this month there was a four-way tie and I was one of the winners! So was my good buddy Sheek Geek, so yip-pee for us. I’m not going to lie I was pretty freaking excited about this and I even called my mom to tell her I won a little certificate. But! Here’s the best part… Apparently when you win Employee of the quarter you also win $500! When I found this out I was hella fucking excited and I may have peed myself a little?
Today was my 90 day review and I did okay, but I need to work on “ignoring directives, however small or meaningless they seem to me, this is a behavior that needs to improve.” I got this comment because “there have been times when I have been directed to do something and chosen not to do it, such as logging my time to specific projects.” I also need to wear my headset; I call it my head gear. But I did receive a raise, not a huge raise, but a raise and for that I am grateful. Oh, and I am no longer just a receptionist, but an “office coordinator,” fancy.
That is all.
Sauerkraut







Haha love the jamas:) your brother is also sick..He has strep throat!! So he had to go to the dr also without insurance.So we feel your pain!Hope you get to feeling better!!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE my pig!!! He is adorable...although I may still need to glue back on that chunk of raisin bran. :) He won't be riding in my car. Fuckin' tweakers. Besides, my car is full of mold.
ReplyDeleteMoving on...that is awesome you won $500!! Totally jealous. We get cupcakes on our birthdays and whiskey fridays, so I suppose that's something. And "office coordinator," why yes, you are fancy. :)