Sauerkraut Here!
I’m not doing well today.
When I spoke to my mom this morning she said my doggy is not doing well. I guess he barfed five times between the hours of 2AM and 6:30AM. At first we were thinking that maybe he ate something that upset his stomach, but when I spoke to my grandpa (his babysitter) around Noon he said my doggy had barfed two more times. In addition to barfing he isn’t moving around very much (less than normal), he’s not eating and he’s not drinking.
I called my mom after work and she said he barfed one more time, that’s eight times in 15 hours. My mom said she is going to watch him overnight and if he doesn’t get better she’ll take him to the vet. If it were me, I would have taken him today. Both my grandfather and my mother think it’s time to put him down. I on the other hand, want him to stick around for as long as possible.
Don’t get me wrong I do not want my doggy to suffer, at all. But, if seems happy and we can do something to keep him comfortable, than I’m going to, even if I have to sell my fat body to pay for it, I’m going to do it. When I am 100% confident that he is unhappy and there is nothing we can do to preserve his life, I will let him go.
I had a talk with him a few moths ago, I told him that if he’s was ready to go, he can. However, I don’t want to murder him. I’m hoping he gets better overnight, but my guts telling me this is the end. If this is the end, I hope he passes in his sleep on the floor by my mom’s bed. What I don’t want is to “put him down,” a nice way of saying, MURDER HIM.
If it is time to put him down, I want to be there. I already know my grandfather and my mother are going to try and do it without me, but he’s my dog and I want to be there. I don’t care if I have to leave work, re-schedule my job interview (assuming they will let me); I need to be there. I have to be there.
In honor of my doggy, Day 8 of the 30-Day Blog Challenge is dedicated to him.
“A picture that makes me laugh…” This photo was taken years ago at home in Idaho. If you look closely my dog managed to fling his drool onto the top of his nose, he’s completely oblivious to it.
That is all.
Sauerkraut


I wish I had something better to say than, "I'm sorry," but that's about all I've got. I think Ty has had a great life so far, and he was very lucky that you picked him up from the shelter.
ReplyDelete