The weather today was yucky and I really didn’t want to walk my dog, but I knew it would make both of us feel better, so I did. While on our walk we one of the members of NWA attacked us and wouldn’t leave my dog’s ass alone. Here’s the thing, my dog is old as shit. He’s so old his on three different medications for his ears, one for his hips and we have to soften his food so he can eat it. In other words, he can’t really defend himself when some dog won’t leave his asshole alone.
So there I was pushing my dog forward to get away while gently pushing the other dog away with my foot. Lucky me, this car came flying up and this woman was yelling “Maxi! How the hell did you get loose!? God damnit! I just bought you a new collar! You son of a bitch.” I was worried this woman would be upset that I was pushing her dog away with my foot, but clearly that wasn’t case. “Is everything okay? Did anything happen? I just worry when she gets around bigger dogs because she gets scared.” Really everything was fine.
Ty with a bowl of applesauce on him.
It’s just so funny/sad to see my dogs little face when he gets attacked, he’s completely helpless. Poor thing.
On our walk it began to snow so I had to cut our walk short, but I tried to give my dog a good workout by jogging with him a little and then walking with him a little. It seemed to help and I’m sure the neighbors loved watching my fat ass slosh up and down the road with an elderly dog and a bag of marshmallows under my arm.
Anyways, the marshmallows were for Gooey Caramel Corn. Here’s the thing, I love to cook, specifically bake. The problem is, when you cook, you eat, which explains why I’m a moocow. For example, last night I made Orange Soaked Pound Cake… And I ate half of it.
Tonight I wanted to make dinner so I made Crispy Ranch Chicken, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and yellow corn, very country. Secretly I was hoping my Uncle Kevin would come over and help me eat it, indeed he did, so that was nice. I love cooking for people.
The Gooey Caramel Corn was for dessert. I’ve never made caramel corn before, but I think it turned out perfect. However, I don’t really like it, I think it’s the marshmallows, not a big fan.
I’m also learning that I’m not a huge fan of chocolate. I’ve always known that I prefer vanilla to chocolate, but the more I think about it, I just don’t like chocolate. I don’t like chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, you name it, I just don’t like chocolate.
Lucifur laying on my resume, 'cuz I don't need that or anything.
In other news... I was contacted by a company regarding my resume. That’s all I’m going to say for now because I don’t want to jinx myself, but I was really shocked to get a response. I’ll keep you posted. My Mom will be home tomorrow, I'm kind of happy.
Proof that nothing happens in this town, this mornings paper.
That is all.
Sauerkraut
Gooey Caramel Popcorn
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
pinch of cream of tartar
1/2 (10-ounce) package marshmallows, about 4 cups
10 cups hot, salted popcorn, uncooked kernels removed
In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water, corn syrup, butter, and cream of tartar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently with wooden spoon to dissolve the sugar. When the sugar syrup reaches a boil, stop stirring. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, until the caramel coats the back of a spoon or until it reaches 270 degrees on a candy thermometer (soft-crack stage). Remove caramel from heat and stir in marshmallows. Fold the marshmallows mixture into the popcorn, the caramel will coat better if the popcorn is warm.





Mmmmm, that caramel corn sounds divine! And that dinner does too! You are so good at all your crafts and meals! Start a freakin business already!
ReplyDelete