Monday, May 3, 2010

Fun With My Nephew

Sauerkraut Here!

Yesterday was super fun.

I woke up early, got ready and headed to Twin Falls, Idaho for Gorda’s bowling tournament. Gorda is the little sister of my nephew’s mother, make sense? Also, “Gorda” is her nickname; I guess she was a chubby baby. But no, I’m not being mean, that’s really what she goes by.


Anyways, I’ve been to Twin Falls before, but it was about ten years ago and the only place I remember is the swimming pool. So I was kind of excited to explore it.

When I got to the bowling ally my nephew was really grumpy because he wanted to play but couldn’t, there was too much going on and too many people. Knowing it would be a challenge to get him to warm up to me when he was grumpy I pulled out my secret weapon, candy! I learned a long time ago that if you want a child to warm up to you, just bribe them with candy, I call this “making friends.” So, I came prepared to make friends with my nephew, I brought him his favorite candy… Gummy bears. Oh yes! Now you know we’re related.

The bowling tournament went pretty quick and Gorda didn’t do as well as she wanted to. I tried to give her some words of encouragement, but at that age, kids don’t care, they just want a fucking prize. Moving on…

Gorda and her best friend Dana after the tournament

After the tournament we stopped at Arby’s for a bite to eat. As soon as we walked through the door my nephew ran up to an old couple, “hi!” After we ordered our food he jumped up onto the seat, turned around and screeched, “hi!” to the people trying to eat behind us.


Oh shit! This kid definitely got the “weirdo bug.” The weirdo bug is when weirdoes are drawn to you and you occasionally find yourself being the weirdo, talking to random people about pointless crap. The weirdo bug runs in my family… On my father’s side.


Trying to get situated my nephew announced, for the entire restaurant, “I poop!” He didn’t really poop but apparently he felt that was appropriate talk for the joint. Awesome. A few moments later he picked up his curly fries, dumped the entire thing all over the table, put the carton over his mouth and blew into it as if it were a horn.

He enjoyed playing in the “Horsey Sauce,” dipping curly fries into Arby’s Sauce and feeding them to me. Not a huge fan of Arby’s sauce I just made noises like I was eating them. Maybe this upset him because he decided he would drop them all over me. Currently, my sweatshirt is downstairs soaking in stain remover.

After lunch we went to a really cool park down by the Snake River. Finally, my nephew got to play. He had a blast going down the slide, throwing rocks into the river, playing with puppies and exploring a new place.



Right before I left we drove up to a waterfall. The cool thing was, there was a mini trial that allowed you to walk behind the waterfall. It was pretty rad to look up and see a shit ton of water plummeting over the edge crashing to the ground.


Looking up at the waterfall

Under the waterfall

Eventually it was time to part ways, I was super sad. My brother is the only person I have from my father’s side so I always enjoy spending time with him, getting to know him and discovering things about myself. Plus, I can’t help but want to spend every moment possible with my nephew.

I'm loving the baby bump!


I hope that when he’s older he will know who I am, how much I love him and remember all the funs times we shared together.


The love of my life!

That is all.

Sauerkraut

P.S. I saw a really cool PostSecret yesterday that made me laugh because this is totally me…

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time w/your family. You're DEFINITELY related to your nephew; it's pretty funny. And I'm glad doughnuts keep you alive...I hope sometimes I do, too. :P

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here!