I remember telling all of you that I wouldn’t be posting for a while because I was headed to Boise, Idaho for the birth of my nephew. Well, he wasn’t done cooking, so I’m back home for a few days and I thought I would write a quick post.
On Friday I went to a birthday party at a bowling alley for a little girl I barely know. She comes from a very nice family and the cake, although chocolate, was good. My pint-sized nephew had so much fun bowling with the big kids and he looked so cute in his tiny bowling shoes.
After the birthday party we went to Costco so my brother could use his new membership card, we didn’t buy much, but we did steal a life vest. Basically, my brother wanted to get my nephew a life vest for a boat ride this summer. We were trying some on and my nephew liked it so much that we never bothered taking it off. When we went to check out my nephew was sitting in the cart and the next thing I know, we’re walking out of the store with a free life vest. I could see how the store clerk would have missed this, but how many parents dress their children in a life vest and take them to Costco? Just saying.
On Saturday we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and that was super fun. I sat next to my nephew and at one point he stood up on his booster seat; thrust his pelvis forward and said, “wiener, wiener.” It’s these moments that remind me we’re related.
Sunday we kept ourselves entertained by going on a walk at this house in the middle of nowhere. It’s supposed to be somewhat spiritual, but really it’s just bizarre. Aside from the annoying kids I wanted to punch in the face, it was pretty neat.
Remind you of someone?
You should have seen me try and get on this thing...
I never made it.
I never made it.
However, dinner at Texas Roadhouse and the walk did not entice my nephew to join us in this world, I can’t say I blame him. On Monday we went to the doctor and he said that if my nephew didn’t arrive before Tuesday, June 1st, he would induce my brothers girlfriend. So, I decided to come home for a few days and take care of some crap.
Monday was my grandmothers 77th birthday and I’m really happy I got to be here for it. Sure I showed up at 8PM, but at least I got to be here. Yesterday, I made her dinner, she wanted pulled pork sandwiches, chicken cabbage salad, watermelon and a cupcake, and so that’s exactly what I made.
Today I will run a few more errands and re-pack my baby bag. I’m not sure when I will head back to Boise, but I hope I make it up there before he decides to arrive. I have a feeling he’s going to arrive before I get there. In other words, avoid I-84 because I can guarantee you, I will be driving like my old self again. Danger, danger!
In other news…
- My nephew likes macaroni and cheese, I’m so proud.
- Cotton candy is like crack to a toddler.
- My nephew sprayed himself in the face with hairspray and thought that was really neat. I on the other hand, thought I was the worst aunt in the world for not grabbing the bottle in time.
- I have one pumpkin!
- My egg never hatched. I took him off life support on Friday (I unplugged his heating pad) and yesterday, after my grandfather told me “no,” I put him in the compost pile. Boo, I’m an egg murderer.
- In 15 years, my nephew will hate this photo...
- The botton that hides my ass from the world on my tie-dye long johns poped off. My brother didn't want to see my chonies so I stuck a chip clip on my ass to close the gap. When my I sat down, I broke it. Do you think I'm a fat ass? What if I told you I was eating chocolate cake when it happened! Boo! Fuck my life.
That is all.
Sauerkraut











OMG, I can't read your blog at work because I keep laughing out loud. This time is was the "weiner, weiner" comment. (And yes, you two are VERY related.)
ReplyDeleteI'm still impressed at you taking care of your grandparents. I'm sure they appreciate you more than you know. :)
And yay for the pumpkins! I can't even get basil to grow in a pot in my room, so I'm not gardening this year. Boo.