Sauerkraut Here!
It’s here! The fair starts tomorrow and I’m so excited! I can’t wait to check out the pumpkins, cakes and photos. Not to mention stuff my face with fatty foods and top it all off with a demolition derby.
Tonight my mom and I drove around town visiting some of the places I grew up. I’m missing one photo because the current owners/tenants were sitting on the front steps glaring at us. I’m pretty sure they were about to set down their crack pipes and release their pit bulls on us. Then we went for ice cream and went shopping at Deseret Industries… Pretty wild, I know.
My mom lived in one of these apartments when she was pregnant with me, I forgot which one.
This is the house my mom lived in when I was born, now it's a law office and my yard has become a parking lot. Sad.
Insert missing photo here... This would have been a photo of the house we moved into after I was born. According to my brother, it's haunted.
This is where I lived after my mother and I moved back from California, it's haunted... By a little boy.
In other news, I finished Izzy’s Halloween costume and it’s the cutest thing in the world! I just hope it fits? This is the first time I’ve ever sewed children’s clothing and it’s tough! Everything is so little and requires so much thought.
I can't wait to see photos of Izzy in his garden gnome costume.
Dweedle is going to be a pea in a pod, the perfect match for a garden gnome. And no, I didn't make this one.
Let me think… I added a piece of fleece to the inside of his hat because I know my nephew is not the biggest fan of hats and if it were itchy it wouldn’t last a minute. I added a piece of fleece to the back of his beard, also because it was itchy. I had to re-do his shirt, three times, his belt once (because I hated the first one), the straps to his pouch three times and the boots twice. I also used warm fabrics so he would stay warm in the cool weather and sewed over some parts of his costume twice to make sure it would hold up.
Finally, my grandpa went to Burger King for dinner last night, when he asked me what I wanted I said “a bacon cheeseburger, plain.” I also asked him if I could have some fries this time because I never get any. When he got back, I opened my wrapper to discover a bun and a meat patty, that’s it. I said, “grandpa, I wanted a bacon cheeseburger, plain... This doesn’t have bacon or cheese,” to which he replied, “you said you wanted it plain.” I also didn’t any fries.
That is all.
Sauerkraut
P.S.







Costumes are super cute!!!!Will send you pics as soon as we get them in the mail!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have been such a bad blog-reader. :P Forgive me!
ReplyDeleteYour gnome costume is effing amazing. And you're so thoughtful to put felt in so it doesn't itch. Seriously, best auntie ever.
It's amusing how you always manage to live in houses that are haunted. My house is super old, but it seems to be ghost-free. Yay!