Something is wrong with my dog; we’re going to the vet at 1PM.
This morning when I went to pick him up he was curled up in his Dogloo, it was rather cute considering it’s a rainy day. However, when he emerged from his dog house I immediately noticed the look in his eyes, something wasn’t right, it was like he couldn’t see me, then I noticed his stance, it was wider than usual.
When I got out of the car to get him he tried meeting me half way, but he kept falling, I’d say he fell about five times. Immediately, I fell to the ground, gently pulling him down with me to comfort him and let him know he needed to relax, lay there and rest. After a moment I jumped up, hoisted my 65 lb. dog into my arms and ran to the car.
I flew back to my grandparent’s house while my dog stumbled in the back of the car. When I got there, I opened the door to the house, rushed back to car and once again lifted my dog into my arms carrying him into the kitchen. With tears pouring down my face I told my grandpa that there was “something wrong with my dog.” We talked about it for a mere moment and my grandpa called the vet, the soonest they could get us in is 1PM.
When I went to get his breakfast (which he didn’t eat) I realized I forgot to close the door to the car and it was raining, oops. I gave my dog his food and he didn’t eat it, I gave him some of my grandparent’s dog food and he ate it. He also ate a cranberry/bran muffin with a pain pill in it in the hallway; I’ll have to vacuum up his mess later on.
Now we’re in my bedroom, my puppy is resting on his bed, his leg twitching and I’m sitting on the edge of my bed watching him and typing this post through my blurry eyes.
I’m trying to think about what could be wrong: he’s old, he hasn’t been eating, so maybe he’s a little weak and maybe his Dogloo isn’t big enough and his legs just fell asleep. My worst fear is that the vet will have bad news.
In the 20+ years I’ve been on this earth I’ve never had to deal with death. Sure people around me have died, but no one close to me has ever passed away. My puppy has been with me forever, 13/14 years.
I will keep you updated, hopefully with good news.
That is all.
Sauerkraut

Aw, poor Ty!
ReplyDelete